Healthy Breakfast Recipes For Kids
Are you also troubled by your kid’s eating habits and looking out for some healthy food recipes?
Does your child doesn’t eat his breakfast properly and you are busy figuring out some healthy food recipes for breakfast?
If yes, have a look for some amazing healthy food recipes for kids!
• Corn parathas: Filling and healthy, it is one of those healthy food recipes that can do away with your worries about your child’s nutrition as he gets a dose of spinach kneaded clearly in the dough without him even knowing about it.
1. Whole wheat flour – a cup
2. Sweet corn ( crushed coarsely) – ¼ cup
3. Spinach( finely chopped)- ¼ cup
4. Green chilies( chopped)- to taste
5. Oil ( for kneading + cooking)
6. Mozzarella cheese (grated)- 5 tablespoons
1. Mix the wheat flour, spinach, salt, corn and green chilies in a bowl and knead soft dough with water and ¼ tablespoons of oil.
2. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for some time.
3. Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and roll thin rotis.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese on each roti, cover it with another roti and press well.
5. Cook each paratha on a non stick pan on both sides till light brown in color.
6. Serve hot.
• Broken wheat Upma:
A variant of semolina upma, it is essentially one of those Healthy Food Recipes for kids.
1. Broken wheat- ¼ cup
2. Onion( chopped)- 1 number
3. Green chilli( chopped)- to taste
4. Green peas- ¼ cup
5. Carrot ( diced)- ¼ cup
6. Oil- 1 tablespoon
7. Salt to taste
8. Coriander- for garnishing
1. Wash broken wheat and blanch it well in 2 cups of hot water for about four minutes.
2. Drain the blanched broken wheat and keep aside.
3. Add onion and green chilli in heated oil in a pressure pan and cook till translucent.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 4 minutes.
5. Add 1-2 cups of water and pressure cook till one whistle.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
• Banana walnut pancake:
One of the healthy food recipes for breakfast, it is adored by kids and loved by parents for its high nutritional value.
1. Plain flour – 1 cup
2. Banana (mashed) – 2 number
3. Walnut ( finely chopped) – a cup
4. Milk – a cup
5. Castor sugar – 4 tablespoons
6. Vanilla essence – a tablespoons
7. Baking powder – a tablespoons
8. Melted butter – 1 tablespoon
9. Jam to serve Procedure:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a smooth batter.
2. Spread ¼ cup of the batter in a heated non stick pan and make a thick pancake.
3. Cook with butter till golden brown.
4. Serve hot with jam or honey.
At the very basic level, healthy recipes for kids include the following guidelines; no extremely processed fats or sugars and many more ingredients that give essential vitamins and minerals. Specifically, healthy recipes for kids are designed to include the recommended important vitamins in their recipes such as A, B, C and E. Many children do not get these vitamins, and as a result many defects and deficiencies occur. When using healthy recipes for kids, many minerals and vitamins that may have been overlooked in normal foods will be implemented in these recipes. Getting these boosts can help keep a child’s weight down, as well as promote healthy development in all aspects of the body. These supplements provide building blocks upon which to build a child’s immune system, thus resulting in less colds and coughs the child might incubate within thencounter.